28 November 2011

Packetlogger Late 2011 edition

This blog has been pretty quiet over the last few months, but now I've finally found some time to update the public version of my NMEA 2000 reverse engineering research and NMEA utility programs. In the last year I have had the chance to observe my personal network and fix a large number of small bugs in the definitions. It now looks as if my programs and database are able to decode all common NMEA 2000 messages and a number of the proprietary ones that occur on my own network. This means that the following messages are all in order:
  • Basic NMEA 2000 (ISO request, claim, acknowledgement etc.)
  • Basic sensor data (wind, depth, heading, GPS, rudder)
  • Some electrical sensor data (switch status, battery, inverter, …)
  • Normal AIS messages (class A, class B)
  • The 'basic' route message
What I have not tested are things such as:
  • AIS uncommon messages such as SAR
  • Engine parameters, transmission parameters, trip parameters
  • DSC call information
  • Most route and WP service messages
This does not mean that these messages aren't in the database or that they are incorrect -- just that I don't know exactly how well they match up. For these 'incomplete' messages your help is appreciated. In my next post I'll tell you how you can do this. Also I'll be publishing some documentation posts on how to use the programs. To download the programs please go to the packet logger page on www.keversoft.com.

1 comment:

  1. Handmade wooden lamps made in Europe under Trilum lighting brand. interior design
    Lights are based on natural materials like wood and stone. Minimalist design and LED.

    Visit Now - https://trilum.eu/en/

    ReplyDelete